1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

3 or 4 pin cooling fan?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hudstore44, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hudstore44

hudstore44 Thread Starter

Greetings,
    I have a Toshiba Satellite L875D-S7332 laptop that has what I think is a dead cooling fan. I've used compressed air to blow out the vents, and I still get the little message that says "System Warning: Warning: A problem with the Cooling System has been detected. Please turn off your computer immediately and return it for service."

I've been looking at replacements fans, but have seen ones that say look at your to see which or even that there is a 4 pin and a 3 pin one. Is there any way to know which one I should buy without taking it apart and viewing said fan?

Also does anyone have schematics for replacing this or links to manuals/Videos, etc?
    Thanks

H

2. jamesx121

jamesx121

not really--
    Toshiba either wants U to send the laptop off to one of their authorized repair shops or
    just trash it and go to store & buy a new one.
    none of the laptop mfg put out repair books like the automotive companies do----
    there are videos on YouTube were people take laptops apart & put them back together.
    U will just have to get an idea from them & then just trial & error----
    one thing---
    remove the battery before you try to remove the rear // bottom panel of the laptop.
    even turned off the battery supplies a electrical charge to the laptop.
    James

3. vembutech

vembutech Banned

Hopefully first can check if the air ports are clean from any dust and if you use your laptop for gaming the graphic card become very hot and can check on the temperature that might help. If it doesn't help then try for replacement.

4. hudstore44

But how do I know if it is 3 or 4 pin without taking it apart?

5. hudstore44

it took forever and I might have lied to the Toshiba people, but I found the actual part number for this. It is an H000050260 thermal module. Still don't know how to fix this when I get it but I'll worry about that later. Better than going to Toshiba and having them do the work for #350+

6. jamesx121

jamesx121

Hudstore44::::
    your going to need to look in your area yellow pages under computer repair---
    call them & see if they will quote you a price to just check out your laptop----
    could be a little more involved than just a intake fan died--.
    but if you don't feel like trying to unscrew the back panel then that's
    your only option----
    wheather a MOM/POP repair shop or a Best Buy (Geek Squad) if you
    have one in the area---
    to get at what ever has died the panel has to come off.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147850

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice