3 Question.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Enfrcr911

First..since the past few weeks now and then I get this error.even though I upgrade and my security is ok.and went to my Msconfig..and desabled all start ups..but haven`t checked the search yet to find out..its just...u tell me what this means..

Ms Visual C++ Runtime Library
Buffer Overrun.......Program C: Program~1\Macafee.com\Person~1\Mpftray.exe

A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program internal state...
why does that pops up?

2-I added a 512 memory to my pc last week.now I got 768..but what I dont get is the defragment of the C part...my pc was half in Blue with 512 and it still is.I got on the Defrag this.

C: Capacity 149 gb
Free space 107 gb
% free space 71% ...Its hasn`t change..My pc is only 6 months old..Whats the free space mean..I think I know but not sure.

last..What is Active X...and can that do harm to the pc..and what is it?

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
Adding RAM has nothing to do with your hard disk space or disk defragmenting.

Enfrcr911

OK.so what happends if that Blue Bar on Defragment fills up..whats happens..?

Enfrcr911

True.I just hope my pc last and wont slow down.160gb and 768gb memory should be good enought for gaming and music..I just dont want any slow downs..and errors coming at me..cause I wouldn`t know how I would take it on a bad day.

Ps..Is there any files on my Run programs you think I might not need..I love saving space...

anything from my Prefetch or msconfig or %Temp% folders..microsoft suggested..but not sure on what..I`m learning.even though I type with one finger...I need typeing lessons..lol.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online