3 sons

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pplufthesun

I have three sons and all of them have laptops running on windows xp as with my computer.They have constantly been getting viruses and spyware on their computers and it has been getting me worried about what websites they have been on, and what they are doing with their computers. Is their a way for me to watch their computer while they are using it and take control of their computer, a viewer that I can use to watch their computers? Is their anything free?

Thank you

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
If you have kids using a computer and going on-line, it's 99.9% guaranteed that they're going to get it infested with spyware, viruses, and various "nasties" that are out there.

Make sure it has a good antivirus program installed and running in the background, and that it's kept up-to-date with the latest definition files. Most antivirus companies release new updates several times a week.

Other than password-protecting that computer so they can't log in and go on-line without you being there to log in and watch their surfing activities, I wouldn't know what "free program" to suggest to help you. Let's see what the other repliers advise.

My daughter has 3 kids(8, 10, and 12) who play havoc with her computer, if she doesn't visually monitor them, so I can understand your grief.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do your sons' computers have XP Service Pack 2 and all the latest Microsoft security updates installed? I like the Windows Firewall/ Popup Blocker/ Security Center that came with SP2.

Make sure the computers have AV software that is up to date.

If you want to check what sites they've been on, you could always click on the History tab and see what sites are listed (that is, if they haven't cleared the history).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online