1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

30 Mbps down 5mbps up good for streaming?

Discussion in 'Games' started by PrivatePC, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PrivatePC

PrivatePC Thread Starter

I'm switching to cable internet soon. For one I am doing it so that my ports open up for Black Ops 2, and so that I can Stream in higher quality and download games ten times faster. I was wondering if my upload speed is going to be good enough to Stream games without any ingame lag but with good quality. Or is this a bit of an over kill? :confused:

2. Adam42Almighty

Adam42Almighty

I'd say that that speed is perfect for streaming. As long as you use ethernet and not wifi you should be able to do good quality streams. While streaming you might experieince some multiplayer lag in games but it shouldnt be anything too extreme.

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    The terminology is wrong, but a 30MB connection is more than enough. It wil allow you to play games online while someone else is streaming video (Netflix / Hulu / at.el) without no issue. The upload is not a factor. For gaming you are only sending miniscule of data. Your concern will be with the download if there are any problems.

Ethernet is the best connection as you would not be affected by any wireless interference, but wireless connections are fine to use, you just need to make sure you have the correct settings.

Is Insight Communications still available in Indiana?

Oh and GO HOOSIERS! :p

4. PrivatePC

PrivatePC Thread Starter

Well, sadly we just got turned down by Comcast and I can't get what I need. I have 5mbps and 1mbps for this At&T connection now. I'm going to look into upgrades but if I can remember they don't support it out here.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085421

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice