1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

$3000+ Computer Problem - Wont Boot Up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dylanbog, Jan 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dylanbog

dylanbog Thread Starter

Hardware
    Intel Core i7-6700K
    ASUS Maximus VIII Hero
    G.Skill RipJaws 4 32GB
    EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW DT GAMING ACX 3.0
    EVGA Supernova 850 watt G2 80 Plus Gold
    Samsung 950 Pro 256GB
    Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
    Corsair H100i V2
    Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5

I am 99% sure I installed everything correctly. It was working for the first 3 weeks and now it will load up the Bios and it will load up the Windows logo but after the windows logo it just goes to those image you see. I am very nervous because this was my first build (I got someone to help me though) and I am scarred I did something wrong. If anyone could help me It would be greatly appreciated. (I know this is probably a software issue and should be posted in the software section. But I think it might be more a hardware issue that software.) The computer always used to turn off and the 1080x fan would start when I was playing a game that was demanding on it (Like witcher 3). And it also would always freeze and crash in most steam games like csgo.

I tried unplugging the ac power for 5 mins and rebooting but the same problem occurs. Please Help!!! IMG_0544.JPG IMG_0545.JPG

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  2. phillpower2

phillpower2

Hello dylanbog,

The following from your OP has me thinking it is a software issue;

What OS do you have installed.

3. dylanbog

dylanbog Thread Starter

Windows 10

4. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

1. Welcome to Tech Support Guy

2. What OS in full please

3. I am a little puzzled as you say
    but then you mention
    so do you in fact mean that it has NEVER worked correctly since it was built

4. My opinion is that many people, especially gamers seem intent on overclocking, sometimes straight to maximum, instead of gradually increasing OC and testing at each stage
    The question is therefore was it OC`d and to what level.
    IF it was and the problem freezing and crashing occurred - did you immediately try returning to default or simply keep running with crashing and freezing and the OC

5. That processor has integrated graphics and the motherboard has graphic ports on the IO plate
    Have you tried them.
    Disconnect card - connect to IO and test

6. You do not say which ram
    please provide exact spec of the ram
    and is it on the Memory QVL list from Asus
    https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/MAXIMUS-VIII-HERO/HelpDesk_QVL/

That I think is enough for this post

5. dylanbog

dylanbog Thread Starter

2. The OS in full is Windows 10 Professional 64-bit.

3. Yes indeed it has NEVER worked correctly since it was built.

4. How would go go about changing the OC level? The ASUS Motherboard always did an automatic overclock for me. I never really understood the process of overclocking.

6. G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 32GB 4X8GB DDR4-2400 CL15 1.2V Memory Kit Red That is the exact RAM kit I have in my PC.

6. phillpower2

phillpower2

Be going offline shortly so wont chirp on too much here.

Your OS being Windows 10, try consecutively restarting the computer a few times after each failed boot, after a few failed attempts you will hopefully be presented with the Windows RE (recovery environment) if not the OS is either corrupt beyond repair or the boot device has issues, please try this then post back with an update.

Will leave you in Macs capable hands now dylanbog.

7. Macboatmaster

When you reply please type in the box that appears when you return to the topic
    Do not please reply by clicking reply on my post - that as you can see quotes back to me all I have said

phillpower2 is a good colleague of mine and if he agrees we will work together on this.

I did not know that the board auto OC I have indeed never heard of such a thing
    I thought it was necessary to click on optimization

However perhaps at this stage a little irrelevant

I still suggest you start with the IO graphics test

The ram details have insufficient detail still to see if it is approved for use on the board
    OC depending on the level can easily result in overheated ram

That however is something to explore later

8. Macboatmaster

phillpower2

Happy New Year
    Good to see you
    Please do come back on it 2 brains are always better than one

9. dylanbog

dylanbog Thread Starter

The Problem has been fixed but in a weird way.
    I tried switching to the IO ports but my IO ports doesnt not have DVI port the one I have been using, my monitor only has DVI and VGA. I tried switching to an HDMI cable and a new monitor but no matter which monitor I try it does not recognize my computer and I cannot see the screen. Right now my computer is working but I think the problem will arise again. Thank you for the help nevertheless.

10. Macboatmaster

Your last post I find a little difficult to understand

When you use the onboard graphics you have to set those as the display in the BIOS
    Section 3.6.3 Motherboard manual IGFX as display or auto if graphics card is removed

However what I am not clear on is HOW it is now working - On the evidence of your last post I suspect if you have disconnected DVI - a faulty cable from graphics to monitor or perhaps I should say a faulty connection from cable to DVI at either end

11. phillpower2

phillpower2

A belated Happy New Year Malcolm and dylanbog respectively, been rather busy the past couple of days so not been around, regardless, if the issue is resolved then I am happy but also somewhat puzzled.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1183312

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice