35mm Microphone Not Being Recognized (Windows 10)

Sandwch

So I recently bought a 35mm condenser microphone with a cable, it came with a splitter and I hooked it up but my computer does not recognize it. I have a Lenovo Yoga 720 on Windows 10. The only input option I see when I click on the sound settings and go to input the only option available is Microphone Realtek Array, which I'm pretty sure is the external microphone. Can anyone help me with this?

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Have you tried it with out the splitter?

Couriant

James
Can you use a head/ear phones in that port? it's possible that your jack is not working.

Sandwch

Can you use a head/ear phones in that port? it's possible that your jack is not working.
Yes I can with headphones, I took it to a store and they said the computer jack, even with a splitter cant recognize new input devices.

Couriant

James
OK, then if the port is working, then it looks like you have a faulty microphone as it's not being detected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online