1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

3D Applications Freezing

Discussion in 'Games' started by The NEedy, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. The NEedy

The NEedy Thread Starter

Hi everyone,
    I keep having my 3D applications freeze like... a few minutes into having the application run. I have the latest drivers for everything. I believe everything that uses a little bit of 3D power freezes the system like Medal of Honor or even just testing my computer with 3DMarks. Here are my specs

WINDOWS XP PRO
    AMD ATHLON XP 2200+
    256 PC2700 MB DDR
    100 gig HD 7200 rpm
    GeforceTi 4200 64MB
    Sound Blaster Live! 5.1

Thanks a lot for your help! If I forget any details, please feel free to ask me.

2. Alanspatz

Alanspatz

You need to make sure that the drivers that you have for your video card are designed for windows xp. If they are, you need to make sure that your card supports open gl. I know that mohaa requires open gl.

hope that helps

aj

3. Spop

Spop

How long have you had this problem? Make sure you don't have any programs in the background running that might interfere with you game.

4. The NEedy

The NEedy Thread Starter

I've been having this problem for a while now. Yes, the drivers are made for windows xp. I need to check up on open gl, though. Thanks for helping me out guys but are there any other reasons why? I'm such a newb... how can I check to see if it is compatible with open gl?

5. Derrick

Derrick

Had same prob with the 4200 had to update bios . see if that works.

6. MacArthur

MacArthur

Hi All,

Mohaa has been freezing every ten Minutes like clockwork for sometime now.

What is the Most common Cause of this problem, is it Internet or Video Related, and How might I solve it?

I have done most of the Obvious things to try and fix it (uninstall/reinstall, temp files, check for progs running in background ect.) And im about rdy to cry...

-MacArthur

7. vesselle

vesselle

give us your specs and all.

i sympathize with you. i can't play ANY games, except nethack 3.4.1
    mine freezes worse than yours. it locks up for about 2 minutes then allows me all of about 2 seconds to do something then re=freezes. :(

i'm going to try another bios update, as i believe its mobo related. one day everything was perfect, the next it was awful. i'm having withdrawals from my games, so i understand your desire to cry.

*big hug*

anyway, lets hear your specs and see what can be done.

V***V

8. Cortez679

Cortez679

Appears that I too am having the same problem here... i am on a Compaq Presario, 500Mhz 128 RAM, 64 meg radeon graphics card, running Windows 2000(just upgraded to see if it would help the problem....

Well now that you have my specs... the problem is when i play any games... doesn't have to be online just games in general like he said, (3D) Counter-Strike, Natural Selection. all of them... also offline Starcraft and Age of Empires.... another problem is Imesh, I'll be listening to music and it just freezes... when it locks up... i can't even turn off the computer, like it disables my power button.. so i have to unplug to restart... any help would be greatly appriciated!!!!!!

9. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

Well you first want to make sure it isn't a heat problem. Pull the side off your case and set up a desk/house fan to blow onto the mobo.

You could also try reseating your mem and vid card.

With AMD systems Power Supplies and the latest 4 in 1's are very important. Ca you borrow another, at least 350w, PS to try?

Bad memory can also cause a host of weird problems. Borrow a stick from someone to try.

10. Cortez679

Cortez679

Ok I'll try that but honestly i think i'm just going to go ahead and buy a new computer... so i think i need to go to another thread for tips on where to buy and what to get.. thanks for your help, i'll try what you suggested atleast

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115952

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice