1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

3D Blu-Ray Stutter

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by spatian116, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. spatian116

spatian116 Thread Starter

Hello

I've been having an issue with playing 3D on my HTPC. Basically if I try to play 3D I get EPIC stuttering. I use Power DVD 9 I believe as it came with my LG Super multi Blue BD-Rom. The specs of the system are as follows

AMD E-350 APU
    4gb Kingston Valueram
    1tb Seagate barracuda
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    LG Super Multiblue DB-Rom

That's about it. Can anyone please help me with this?

Note: 3D works fine it just stutters a lot.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

As you know, BluRay requires massive data transfers to create the video stream. Everything on the machine needs to be optimal and the hardware needs to support that massive speed. Any programs running in the background, a too slow CPU, a too slow data buss, or priority settings of the player can all affect the outcome. Try setting the player to a higher priority first. Above Normal would be the best choice followed by High is Above Normal doesn't help. Never use Real Time since it can easily lock your machine.

Is the drive USB or internal?

3. spatian116

spatian116 Thread Starter

Hey, Thanks for the reply.

It's an internal drive

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Then there shouldn't be any problems with transfer rates. I'd check other things running, including anti-virus.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028349

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice