3d games hang

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

twisteddman

I am reposting this here in the game section as it seems more apropriate

I just recently replaced my 200 gig ide harddrive with a 1 TB SATA hardrive, as my old one kicked the bucket. I have reinstalled windows xp and all drivers and got everything working. It is working better than ever ,as my old harddrive was sluggish for some time before it died. But now i am unable to play any 3d games. They boot up fine ,but whenever anything is rendererd in 3d it hangs at random intervals for a good 10-15 seconds then continues for a few seconds and hangs again. I have tried half life 2, swat 4 and ceaser 4. Swat 4 even hangs in the menu screen, though i believe thats because objects are rendered behind the menu. Half life hangs and repeats sounds while hanging. Ceaser 4 also hangs and eventually crashes my display drivers.

I have tried shutting down all extraneous programs. It is a fresh windows xp install fully updated with all protection installed so virisus and mal ware are not a problem. All drivers have been updated, and so has directx. I have also checked the temp of my processor before during and after the problem. My video card doesnt have a temp sensor , but i have opened the side of my case and put an industrial fan blowing on high into it, with no changes. Changing any in game geaphic settings seems to have no effect also.

any help with this would be apreciated , Thank you

windows xp pro service pack 2
m2n-sli delux
Amd 64 4200x2
1 gig ddr
Nvidia 7600gt

Attachments

twisteddman

So after trying everything under the sun including reinstalling windows again. I have concluded that the only thing left is the sata drive itself. Since it is the only thing different on my system .I read a couple posts on the web from people saying they have the same issue, but have found know solution. Anyone heard of any fix for sata drives not playing games with geforce video cards, or anything like that?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online