3G connection failure and System Restore failure

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tmurphy1

I am an ex-pat Englishman living in Cyprus.
I am using a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo on Vista 32-bit.
I recently downloaded a programme reputed to provide me with a UK ISP ident so I could access various UK programmes. I understand there is a similar facility for US citizens abroad.
The programme I downloaded was ineffective. I uninstalled it.
Since then my 3G connection will not connect (Error 720 A connection to the remote computer could not be established. You might need to change the network setting for this,)
In my innocence I tried System Restore. The message received was (System Restore does not appear to be functioning correctly on this system. Incompatible version of the serialising pattern.)
An online advisory dite advised uninstalling and re-install the 3G driver. I did.
I have since had notices that the driver was not installed correctly and two advices that it has been installed correctly.
I am now receiving Error Code 680 - No dialling tone.
Any assistance that anyone could give to this 70 year old re-cycled teenager would be most gratefully received - particularly if offered in very simple language!! :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online