1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

3G usb dongle help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pcfeer, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcfeer

pcfeer Thread Starter

Hi, I am looking to purchase a usb 3G dongle for use abroad in France. I have found the package I need and it is a T-Mobile deal (as I want to make use of their travel booster system for use in France) that is £7.50 a month with 1gb of data that runs for 30 days (the 1gb of data is of no interest to me as It is only usable in the UK and my data will come via T-mobiles travel booster).

But to use it abroad I will need to purchase a booster which I can do when I am in France no problem.

My question is do I need to be within the 30 days of the monthly deal to use the dongle abroad or could I say for instance buy the dongle this week and not use it for another 3 months (by which time of course the 30 days and 1gb of data would of expired) and then still just be able to take the dongle abroad and pay the £10 for my Mb of data and carry on as normal or would I have to pay the £7.50 on top of this to make the dongle "active".

can someone please clarify if I should be purchasing the dongle as close as safely possible (for delivery time reasons) to my departure in order to gain the most of the 30 day period or can I just purchase the dongle now and just add the booster when I'm in France. Also if my 30 days was to expire mid way through my holiday how would I go about paying for another months worth of usage? I know once I buy the dongle it will come ready with the 30 days and the 1gb of data but how do I pay monthly again, will the dongle redirect me to some sort of payment website for the monthly payment and then let me carry one once I have paid? Many thanks for your help as I realize I have asked a lot but I am very confused :confused:

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    i think all your questions should be addressed to the company you plan to purchase from, they would be the best people to discuss this with - t-mobile in the example you quoted - also if using the call centre the calls are recorded and if you find anything different you always have a come back to them , or have it written when you purchase from the shop

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086574

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice