1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

3rd Monitor - Came W/Displayport Cable

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by comaddi, Feb 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. comaddi

comaddi Thread Starter

So I purchased a 3rd monitor - it's the upgraded version of my two other monitors because those have been discontinued.

It came with a displayport cable (both ends)and my computer does not have an input that matches it.

My computer has hdmi and usb.

We tried a displayport to hdmi to usb and it gives us the message of "no vga cable".. what are we doing wrong?

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi comaddi, and welcome to TSG.

Why didn't you use DisplayPort to HDMI and plug into the HDMI port on the computer?

Please provide the following details:

Manufacturer's name and model number of the new monitor.

Manufacturer's name and model number of the Motherboard and/or the computer

Manufacturer's name and model number of any video controller board added to the motherboard. We need the information for the board itself, not the chipset that is used on the board.

Manufacturer's name and model number of the USB to HDMI converter you are using.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222787

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice