1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

3spills 14+drops and 5 years

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Airwolfpiskin, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Airwolfpiskin

Airwolfpiskin Thread Starter

This is the atory of a macbook pro
    Not any macbook pro
    This one survived far more than just misguided tinkering and careless treatment

In 2012 my dell inspiron broke
    I too this as a chance to learn about hardware so i opened it up
    The motherboard was broken and the hdd zeised up
    So i decided to give up on it and get a macbook pro

Spill# 1
    Few months after the purchase i decided it would be a good idea to drink hot chocolate while playing ksp (at 3fps cause i totaly need 20 mods) spill number one

Right on the keyboard into the motherboard all over the disc drive and the fan

The cooling system became a pumping system for a few minutes
    But after it was over there were no cassualties exept for a few unlucky kerbals and of course my couch

The laptop fell out of my bag 4 times after this incident
    The fifth time it fell the corner of the top lid looked like it was slightly bent inward
    I prepared to open a lid full of broken glass and was surprised to see no screen damage whatsoever.

Spill# ANOTHER ONE
    Did you think i learned my lesson? I clearly did not as the axact same thing happaned again but in quick response to grab the cup i put it aside and tried getting chocolate off before it drained through the keyboard and in that action instantly setting it up so the cup would fall on the laptop again
    But the macbook decided it is inmune to swiss miss

Spill#3
    At that point i just thought something was clearly wrong... with me
    Same story
    But 2 days later the keyboard decided to give up at life. And in that laptop the power button is directly attached to the keyboard
    A few hours of google quickly showed a little trick it learnt and the buttom lid was promptly unscrewed
    I gazed at the machine and said "oh"
    The smell of chocolate and vinegar realesed into the room
    After hours of scraping foul smelling chocolate from the motherboard, lids, and batery i finaly found 2 small metal pads
    "Power pads" about .05x.05cm each
    This is a power button you are not suposed to know about. Well if you have any metal thing that can conduct charge between them
    Yes i dont recoment you try that
    You might short out your motherboard
    I didnt but it still felt like defusing a bomb.
    The laptop poped to life
    I had an apple keyboard laying around so i pluged it in and i was back to normal
    A year passed like this
    And i got a new laptop
    An asus rog g750jh
    I had all of the fps
    But then the asus power jack broke lose and i didnt want that laptop to end up like the mac so i sent it for repairs
    I was pc deprived for 2 weeks so i decided to install windows on my old macbook
    I had no idea if it would even turn on after resting in peace for a year
    But i pluged in he charger and i heard the powerup sound macs have and saw the white screen'o'loading
    I installed windows 8 and then windows 10 started going. Then IMG_0082.JPG
    So i was stuck with a dreaded 32bit windows 8 install that had none of the bootcamp drivers
    So i just downloaded them from apple's website and i was up and running

After a month my asus was back so the mac went back into storage

A few days ago my asus decide to just not power on at all

So the macbook was plugged back in and after 4-5 years of spills and drops and tinkering, accidentaly removing a few things from the motherboard (the heat sync scraped off some components)
    The laptop is still working decently enought
    The battery charges, The laptop boots
    And i got it to run microsoft flight simulator

So if you take all this as a totaly on pirpose stress test
    the macbook pro 2012 out of 10 points it gets "russian tank"
    In the "how is this still running" category

Oh and at one point i literaly stepped on the screen to see if it would break. it did not

This goes to the people who decided that a laptop had to be designed to withstand a 3 foot drop on stone floors
    Cheers

Attached Files:

2. numanfinland

numanfinland

Hey there :)
    I got g750jh and same problem with adapter (light goes off then plugged to computer). Never dropped or damaged it, just died in the middle of the game.
    Was it just a powerjack loose on you computer or something alse?

3. Johnny b

Johnny b

First Name:
    John
    Just goes to show, Apple laptops make for indestructible doorstops....(y)...:D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1182436

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice