4.1 sound problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Valfar

Alright, I recently installed my 4.1 sorround sound system to my computer. It is a Labtec Arena-530. How its set up is like this, there is the subwoofer, where all the plugs are, well, plugged in. The rear and the front speakers and plugged in to the woofer and the right front speaker itself has all the plugs that you plug into your computer (green and black). Now, everything works, I get sound from all of the speakers and the woofer works just fine, BUT, here is the odd thing. When I choose the "quadraphonic speakers" option in the sounds option in the control panel, and when I test the speakers, the rear speakers dont work, thus I am unable to use that option properly. Also, when I play games, I have to just choose regular 2 speaker option because the 4.1 (quadraphonic speakers) option gives out no sound, at all, rear and front. Also, lastly, the right front speaker has the volume options, the general volume, and the rear volume, but for some reason, the rear sound never changes no matter how much I turn up or down the rear volume nob, but it only changes with the master volume nob on the speaker.

Could anyone help me out here?

(my sound card is the one that came with the motherboard, Realtek AC'97)

I don't really have an asnwer for you, but I do know that there was a recent updated version of the Realtek AC'97 drivers if you haven't alread d/loaded them. The version is dated for December 05.

I'm not really up to snuff on all the surround sound systems out these days. You mentioned something about a a black and a green wire. Are these for left and right channels?

Do you know if your onboard sound card is capable of this setup? I'm really just guessing here and trying to help troubleshoot.

Valfar

I just solved the problem. On the woofer, there is a button about "M3D" sorround sound that is recommended to be on right. ONLY if you have a 2 channel soundcard, but if you have more than that, it is recommended to be off, so I turned it off, and its all good.

Glad to hear it! :)

I did some looking around last night and found that your sound card and the connection cables and concluded that this should work for you.

Pump it up :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online