1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

4.9 Catalyst Drivers Not Workin' On My 9600XT

Discussion in 'Games' started by kiregar, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kiregar

kiregar Thread Starter

Hi all,

I downloaded and installed the new 4.9 version of the Catalyst drivers with the Catalyst Control Center or CCC for short. Thing is that when I install it and to the best of my knowledge I'm installing it correctly this is what I get.

[​IMG]

I don't know why it's doing it or how it's doing it. I'm at a complete loss. It almost makes my windows xp home edition machine look like an xp/me hybrid :D

If anyone has a solution to this problem I'd love to hear it because I can't find out or figure out why it's messin' up. Thanks in advance.

kiregar

2. McTimson

McTimson

Uninstall those drivers and get the version without the new control panel thing...there have been lots of problems with the new control panel, just stick with the old one for now.

3. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Yeah, the new CCC needs the newest net framework from MS. I have the newest which I believe is 1.1. There is a beta 2.0 but the new CCC is stupid anyhow. I had it and ditched it because it really adds nothing except some candy for the eye.

4. WarC

WarC

I couldn't even get the new control center running, kept giving me missing dll errors, and I have the netware framework. Eeesh. This was my first ATI vid card, and it'll prolly be my last!

I miss the good 'ole days with my old GeForce 4 TI 4200, just download the latest drivers and let 'er rip! None of this micro-managing and scratching-your-head-wondering-why-games-crash-because-you-installed-drivers-improperly stuff.

Sounds like the problem your having. Completely uninstall the ATI drivers using add/remove programs (you might have to try a few times, sometimes following a restart they come right back!) and then install the control center-less version.

5. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

6. kiregar

kiregar Thread Starter

Sorry for the delay in responding, I didn't get a notification email saying that someone answered my thread. My apologies :eek:

I've tried everything that you guys have suggested. I have the 2.0 beta version of the .NET Framework, I've uninstalled everything from the computer that pertained to ATI and when that didn't work I said "F" it and just installed my old 4.8 drivers back in and it works good enough for me.

It's a shame that ATI would release something and not even have all the bugs worked out of it. I've never had a problem with their stuff in the past, I don't know why it's messin' up now :confused:

Anyways, thanks for the suggestions, but I think I'm just going to use the 4.8 ones until ATI gets their sh&t together.

kiregar

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274993

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice