4 beeps

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bbsuperfly

I have had some problems installing my cd-rw drive. Now I am getting 4 beeps which represents a problem with my parellel or serial ports. My cd-rw drive only shows up if I switch the pci bus master ide controler either to default or both ide channels enabled. I have switch from one to the other each time after shutting off my computer. Its beeping every two minutes or so with the 4 beeps.

bbsuperfly

I fixed the problem of my cd-rw drive by updating my ide driver for my motherboard. The beeping starts after about 10 minutes after I turn my computer on. It is 4 short beeps. I have a biostar M5ala motherboard and havent found out what the beeps stand for yet. I have read that 4 beeps usuallly has to do with parellel or serial port, system timer, or time of day. Any suggestions?

Hi bbsuperfly

Here is a link that may help you narrow down the causes of the beeps.

http://www.bioscentral.com/

If the beeping starts about ten minutes after you turn it on I would think about overheating. You might want to open the case and check the fans. Also you could open the case and have a fan blow into it and see if this stops the beeping

BOL

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online