1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

4 port VGA Video card to 4 port KVM Switch?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by keerbear412, Oct 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. keerbear412

keerbear412 Thread Starter

Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone has ever tried this before and if so, what KVM switch would you recommend? It would need dedicated power.
    Thank You!!

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

To what end??

3. keerbear412

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    But what are you trying to accomplish?

5. keerbear412

We have a system with a 4 port video card. we have it run to 4 large monitors to show 4 different excel spreadsheets. We want to be able to run it to the KVM switch so we can use one Monitor and everyone can just press a button to see the spreadsheet they want to view.

6. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    While that's a bit odd it may work. One issue I see is that if the computer doesn't think it has four active monitors it may try to put everything onto one screen. However the KVM switch may still make the computer think all four are active and that may not be an issue.

8. keerbear412

Yes Dave, like that. I thought it was odd too. I wondered if anyone had ever tried it before and got it to work. I've tried it with a USB powered KVM switch and it wouldn't work, but seemed to not be getting enough power.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1134780

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice