1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

4 Wireless routers DCHP issues? Help!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mattedwardsuk, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattedwardsuk

mattedwardsuk Thread Starter

I've been asked to install for childrens charity, 4 wireless networks.

They currently have a very old (10-15 years circa) wired network installed by BT. The plan was to have 4 separate wireless connections to cover key rooms in the building. It's an old hospital and is a large site.

There are 3 network cabinets in various areas and everything was clearly labelled up. Sadly the original IT guy recently died and I've offered my services for free. I've setup the wireless networks (Tenda wireless routers) and I've had no problems initially.

However one of the computers needs to access a data base held on the server and because it connects via the wireless network, the WAN port in effect links directly to the BT business adsl modem. So it can't see computers on the wired network.

Also in some places I've experienced real slow down of the wireless network when browsing. Could this be due to DCHP issues? I'm new to networking and want to ensure I'm truly helping and not adding problems.

Matt

2. WeSuppportTechs

WeSuppportTechs

Can you please give more details on the make and model numbers of the routers you have used and also what are the settings of your current configuration i.e.
    what type of encruption you have used, or have you setup the connection so the main router acts as a wireless repeater.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974036

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice