1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

40 Pin 80 Conductor IDE Cable Question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by doogdoog, Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. doogdoog

doogdoog Thread Starter

Aloha,
    Does anyone know the difference between a 40 pin 40 conductor cable and a 40 pin 80 conductor cable? The 40 pin connectors (actually 39) on the 40 conductor and 80 conductor looks the same so how is it wired??? I physically counted the wires on the 40 conductor wire so it makes sense connected to a 40 pin connector. Now the question is, how is the 80 conductor connected to the 40 pin connector?? TIA

Mahalo,
    doogdoog
    :confused:

2. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

Howdy doogdoog...

In the 80 connector every other wire is connected to ground...

Some good reading on the 80 wire UDMA cables...

http://www.pcguide.com/ref/hdd/if/ide/confCable80-c.html

3. doogdoog

doogdoog Thread Starter

Aloha JediMaster,
    Thanks for the answer and that makes sense and it reminds me of the telephone jumper wires that has so many twists in a foot to prevent x talk. TIA

Mahalo,
    doogdoog

4. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

Aloha doogdoog...

No Problem...

And actually Mahalo to you, I didn't know what Mahalo and Aloha ment untill I seen them here and looked them up...

Aloha. 1. Aloha, love, affection, compassion, mercy, sympathy, pity, kindness, sentiment, grace, charity; greeting, salutation, regards; sweetheart, lover, lover, loved one; beloved, loving, kind, compassionate, charitable, lovable; to love, be fond of; to show kindness, mercy, pity, charity, affection; to venerate; to remember with affection; to greet, to hail. Greetings! Hello! Good-by! Farewell! Alas!

Mahalo. 1. Thanks, gratitude; to thank

Ps I hope the interpritation is right :)...

5. doogdoog

doogdoog Thread Starter

Aloha JediMaster,
    Yes, I don't think that I have ever come across another word that has as much or more meanings than Aloha. It speaks for itself.

Mahalo,
    doogdoog

6. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

Yes...Aloha...does have a lot of meanings, and it does speak for itself...

Howdy...in Kentucky means...Ummm...Hmmm..Errr...Ahhhh Hello...... (y) ;) :D :) ( I'm getting too drunk here now )...

No offense my friend, just jokeing :D...

Mahalo

From the folks here in Kentucky...

7. doogdoog

doogdoog Thread Starter

Aloha JediMaster,
    When I was in the Army back in 65' I had a buddy from Kentucky. His name was Clifford Carroll (last name sp?) and we were in the same unit. What are you drinking? Moonshine? LOL Well, now it time for a couple of beers. TIA

Mahalo,
    doogdoog

8. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

Well..

Don't know any Carroll's ( name is probably spelled right ) from my neck of the woods, but as far as Moonshine goes, I wish it was, just budwiser for me for now...

Take care my friend...

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224185

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice