1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

403 - Forbidden Access is Denied

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by AizA, Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AizA

AizA Thread Starter

Good day and thank you for reviewing this post.
    I have been dealing with a computer that had multiple viruses ..... including the TDSS. I have successfully removed TDSS and others from machines using a cocktail of Vipre, MWB, Avast boot scan, and Combofix. I have probably done 10 of these in the past 2 months with no side effects.
    Recently I have experiences 2 machines that refuse to access MS update site after full removal. I have "verified" my complete removal by running MWB and Vipre in safe mode and getting no hits.
    I have tried Dial-a-fix, and I have followed the instuctions as MS for this 403 Forbidden error to no avail.
    All else seems to work well ... web sites, email, programs, etc. The only thing I cannot seem to do is MS updates ... I can even update MWB and Avast ... but not MS updates.
    Does anyone out there have any experience with this or suggestions as to what I should do to regain my ability to do updates?
    Thank you very much for your time and advice.

Don in Tucson
    AizA

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/870601

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice