1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

403 Forbidden, IE Error, HELP !

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by samular, Dec 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samular

samular Thread Starter

Hey everyone

Having an anoying problem with my computer here at work, we had a guy come around and play around upgrading firewalls etc and now all of a sudden when i try to access the internet i get the messege.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    The page cannot be displayed

There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

Please try the following:

Click the refresh button, or try again later.

Open the www.google.com home page, and then look for the links to the information you want.
    If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please contact the web site administrator by using the e-mail address or phone number listed on the www.google.com home page.

403 Forbidden - The ISA Server denies the specified Uniform resource locator(URL). (12202)

Internet Security and Acceleration Server
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Now it sounds to me like the firewalls are stopping the information although i cant figure out why every other computer here seems to be able to access it fine, i dont have any special firewall software on my computer or anything and my user for the computer is an administrator, i even tried logging in AS the administrator account with still no luck.

The computer is running Windows XP, i tried going into 'Tools' then 'Internet Options' and then the connections tab, but everything is grayed out so i cant put in the server address to get the web info through, can anyone please help me ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated please.

Josh

2. Styxx

Styxx Banned

Talk to your IT Adminstrator before proceeding with any changes in your Internet connectivity yourself. The below is safe to do. Sounds like necessary firewall ports are closed.

Internet Explorer 5.x/6.x comes with a repair tool. To use it, go to the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel; Scroll and click to highlight 'Microsoft Internet Explorer 5/6.x' in the Install/Uninstall window; Then click on the Add/Remove button; Select 'Repair' the current installation of Internet Explorer radio button; Click on OK. Restart your computer when prompted.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/189412

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice