1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

423 socket mobo

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by XSkylerX, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. XSkylerX

XSkylerX Thread Starter

Does anyone else have a 423 socket mobo? I need to know if this plug absolutely positively needs to be connected to the power supply [​IMG]

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

It appears that the socket you have circled is and ATX 6 pin auxiliary power connector. It sat next to the 20 pin connector and the aux connector had 3 grounds, two +3.3VDC lines and 1 +5VDC line.

The machine MAY not boot without this connector and there are very few power supply's today that have this connector, although it is available.

Is this board in a Dell computer?

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Actually, quite a few of the newer P/S models I've gotten recently still have that connector, I've personally never had a use for it. :)

4. XSkylerX

XSkylerX Thread Starter

it seemed to have worked without it, just makin sure it wasnt power for something important. thanx guys!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542898

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice