43” TV - recommend best clarity picture

blue22eyes

This isn’t computer-related - But I would appreciate some help. I need a new TV, only 43” will fit in my bedroom easily, and it would be almost next to the end of the bed. I’ve looked at several competitors, and most of the reviews have not been so great, but of course they all look good on stores, which I have seen. Which ones would you recommend? Clarity is everything for me, not color or sound. I could get a 50 or 55” but it would take over the room.
thanks for your help!!

RT

Well I feel your dilemma, I bought a older 720p Samsung in sort of an odd size, which would be in the 43 to 47" size (sorry I can only guess 43" by measuring, without the manual at hand) and now wish I'd gone larger.
I bought a plasma rather than an LED or LCD, some years ago but I can't say it has aged well for brightness and clarity.
The defining factor for fitting in a room would be the actual dimensions by the bezel and stand rather than screen size.
These days bezels are smaller, thus giving you a larger screen.
I view from a small-ish living room.

Also you might consider there are TVs that have curved screens, so you could fit a lager screen in a more confined space, and give a more enveloping viewing experience, esp in a smaller space and veiing angle doesn't play a part.
In that case a 50+ screen might seem a little less dominant.
And a curved screen, if you're in a bedroom environment ... well I assume you'd be looking at perhaps 10-12 feet away, more or less.

Less than 6-8 feet, on a 720p vs 1080p doesn't matter to most folks eyes, but everyones' eyes change over time.

I might argue that clarity, color and sound all come together for enjoyable viewing, but that's a personal choice.
TVs out of the box are not known for great sound, all TVs look great in the ads or the showroom because they set them to the most dynamic (showroom) or otherwise affect the static adverts for effect.

Personally, I don't want a TV in the bedroom, but realize some do.
So if it's of any help I'd say look to a small bezel curved screen, and you'll get more screen area for your buck.
And thus, a bigger screen will fit your area.
Just mho :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online