45 nm CPUs and motherboards

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DiGiTY

i was under the impression the new 45 nm Intel CPUs required special boards to support them, but it appears the mobo just needs to say 45 nm ready or compatible... is this correct?

so i just need to search for a mobo that supports LGA 775 processors and 45 nm ready?

so i just need to search for a mobo that supports LGA 775 processors and 45 nm ready?

You may need to check for a bios update on the board to fully support the 45Nm CPU's.

It's worth checking the latest on the manufactures site to see what changes have been made and whether it supports the new CPU's

Take Oily's advice and make absolutely sure the board you intend to purchase supports the processor you intend to purchase.

You can find numerous posts here and at other sites of people trying to install un-supported processors on their boards.

Yeah Win2K is right. I have seen boards that will run the Penryn C2D and not the C2D Quadcore so best be certain the board says specifically it will work with that cpu.

DiGiTY

so look for the mobo that says 45 nm ready/supported/compatible?

so look for the mobo that says 45 nm ready/supported/compatible?
NO, look at the supported processors for the specific board, and what BIOS revision is necessary to support each processor.

DiGiTY

oh, so check the manufacturer's support page for that specific mobo and don't trust Newegg's product description?

and i'm assuming 45 nm = Penryn

DiGiTY

yeah, i'm gonna try to go for an ASUS mobo again. love their stuff. is that model standard or micro ATX?

where's the 'mark as solved' link in this new UI?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online