4K TV screen tearing with Xbox One X

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BlackHawk518

Hello,

I have a Vizio M55-D0 4K TV with an Xbox One X hooked up to her. Recently I have experienced a lot of screen tearing and flashes when using the 4K UHD and HDR resolution on the Xbox. In the past, 4K has worked fine, and in the 4K details I have all green check marks. The tearing only stops when I drop the resolution down to 1080p.

I am using a Kramer UHD cable and have also switched it out with other HDMI 2.0 cables with no positive effect. HDR on the HDMI port is turned on, and like I said the Xbox is detecting 4K and HDR capability. I've exhausted what I know to do, please help!

BlackHawk518

Hmmm... Does the same thing happen when the Xbox is connected to something else, or just that TV?

BlackHawk518

Hmmm... Does the same thing happen when the Xbox is connected to something else, or just that TV?
Only does it when the resolution on the xbox is set to 4K. The tearing stops when I switch it to 1080p. And this is a new occurrence. The I've been able to use 4K UHD and HDR before now. All the other devices I have are not rated 4k and so wont allow it to go to that resolution setting.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts