1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

4K TV screen tearing with Xbox One X

Discussion in 'Games' started by BlackHawk518, Aug 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BlackHawk518

BlackHawk518 Thread Starter

Hello,

I have a Vizio M55-D0 4K TV with an Xbox One X hooked up to her. Recently I have experienced a lot of screen tearing and flashes when using the 4K UHD and HDR resolution on the Xbox. In the past, 4K has worked fine, and in the 4K details I have all green check marks. The tearing only stops when I drop the resolution down to 1080p.

I am using a Kramer UHD cable and have also switched it out with other HDMI 2.0 cables with no positive effect. HDR on the HDMI port is turned on, and like I said the Xbox is detecting 4K and HDR capability. I've exhausted what I know to do, please help!

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

3. BlackHawk518

Thank you for the link, however the game I was playing was not on that list (monster hunter world) but it is Xbox one x enhanced. However, the issue is present from the time I start up the Xbox you can see the tearing every few seconds no matter what game or app I'm in.

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Hmmm... Does the same thing happen when the Xbox is connected to something else, or just that TV?

5. BlackHawk518

Only does it when the resolution on the xbox is set to 4K. The tearing stops when I switch it to 1080p. And this is a new occurrence. The I've been able to use 4K UHD and HDR before now. All the other devices I have are not rated 4k and so wont allow it to go to that resolution setting.

6. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Weird.

Fresh out of ideas here. Hopefully someone else will be along soon ...

7. BlackHawk518

Thank you anyway, really appreciate your time!

8. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

(y) No problem.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214624

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice