1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

5.1 Surround Sound

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wakerider01, Sep 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wakerider01

wakerider01 Thread Starter

I have a set of logitech 5.1 surround sound speakers for my computer. I have just purchased a new laptop with a docking station. I was wondering if it is possible to connect the 5.1 speakers through an adapter to a usb port? Do they make adapters like this or will i just be better off returing the speakers for 2.1 sound? Thanks!

(and for some reason, my last three threads I have posted... no one has replied to, so I hope I'm not blacklisted or something, so please reply!! :)

2. heinz57

heinz57

Which docking station and laptop?

3. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

Adaptors... I don't know..
    It seems to me that to use 5.1 you would need a sound card that can out-put 5.1...
    You could use them as 2.1, I think.. have you tried pluging them in to the speaker or head phone out jacks?

4. Flags

Flags

I'm confused (as usual). How is he going to get any sound out of a USB port?

5. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

don't know if they're still available but ms used to have some usb speakers. :eek:

6. heinz57

heinz57

I doubt that you'll be able to use 5.1 with a laptop you'll only be able to use 2.1

7. JaseFace

JaseFace

I agree with heinz

8. wakerider01

wakerider01 Thread Starter

I purcahsed the sony vaio fs-675 with the basic vaio docking station that has two usb ports, network, power, printer, monitor... the docking station does not have an audio port, but the laptop does, but I'm wondering if I can get a 5.1 external sound card for ausb port

would something like this work?...

http://www.pcmicrostore.com/PartDetail.aspx?q=p:10501965;c:36133

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/395572

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice