1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

5 clt?

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by cipiripinana, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cipiripinana

cipiripinana Thread Starter

Hello,

Windows Svr Std 2008 32Bit/x64 English 1pk DSP OEI DVD 1-4CPU 5 ClT

i always wonder what does CLT stand for, because there is a big difference in price with 5 and 25 CLT.

So what does CLT stand for?

Thanks

2. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

CLT=Client
    Some times you see 5 CLT user CAL which translates to 5 Client User Client Access Licenses.
    I have no idea why they include that, it's a bit redundant.
    5 CAL would be sufficient.
    That determines how many clients can access the Server, 5 or 25, which explains the price difference.

Kind of like places that offer to sell a NIC Card, which would be a Network Interface Card Card.

3. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Kind of how MS makes more money than they need. Charge for the Server OS! Charge for the Desktop OS! Then charge for the Desktop(client) to access the server! I have always seen it as double dipping if you ask me!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/899912