1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

5 Mb of space left,plz help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bobbylee, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bobbylee

bobbylee Thread Starter

hello everyone,
    I formated my C drive last week & got Windows up & runing fine,I have a 120 Gig hard drive,after installing my programs I had 105 Gigs left, my younger son loaded 2 games on here & now all I have is 5Mb left, not good,can someone help me or tell me whats going on here, anyhelp would be greatly Appreciated.

Thanks bobbylee

2. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

Run this neat little utility and see if you can track down where it all went?

3. bigbear

bigbear

Have you installed a partition?
    Go to diskmanagement and post back want it discribes.
    Go to start>run and type in diskmgmt.msc and hit enter

4. ferrija1

ferrija1

It could be that you are plainly running out of space. How many programs did you install? Also, do you know how much space was used right after the fresh install, it should have been just a few GBs. By the way, if you are just running out of space, don't worry, hard drives are fairly cheap.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544639

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice