512MB RAM too slow for Vista?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ishenka

Hi, I've heard that 512mb of RAM is too small to run vista. Is this the case? I have a new laptop with 512mb - i know its small but i only need it for study and it was cheap!! ;)) and its running on vista but it is really really really slow.

Should i format and reload with XP or is there something i can do to speed it up.

Cheers, Katy

alwrmc

B.L.
I would most definitely get a minimun of 1gb of memory for Vista. 2gb would be even better. I personally do not understand why any reputable company would sell a computer with Vista as the OS and only 512mb of memory.

Hopefully when the laptop was purchased, there is a single 512 meg chip. Then to get to at least 1 gig, you would just need one additional 512 meg chip

If there were 2-256 meg chips, it will cost a bit more.

I would most definitely get a minimun of 1gb of memory for Vista. 2gb would be even better. I personally do not understand why any reputable company would sell a computer with Vista as the OS and only 512mb of memory.
Well it's probably only running Vista Home Basic, which doesn't require AS MUCH memory as the other versions, but I would still upgrade the chips. The more memory the better with Vista.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts