1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

512MB video card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bluecast, Sep 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluecast

bluecast Thread Starter

2. hammerbill

hammerbill

I'm happy with my raidon 9200/128. For serious, exciting and realistic gaming with intense graphics and realistic adversaries I simply jump on my motorcycle and try to get to the mountains without getting hit.

3. compilerxp

compilerxp

Those are workstation class video cards, they do nothing for gaming. They help in rendering 3-D objects and in image and color accuracy... Gaming cards ar made for speed rather than looks - which is fine.... 1 pixel "off" can ruin a professional project.

In 1987 - I drooled at Apple's new MacintoshII computer which has a COLOR graphic option! The $5000 computer came with B&W still! $500 got you 16colors, $1000+ got you 256colors... those first 256 color images look awsome in 800x600.

1989, the NEW Amiga 3000 was $2500 (Same CPU as the Mac II) with 25mhz CPU, 2mb RAM, 8 color desktop, 4096colors - max res of 800x600. Oh, 100mb HD. No modem or CD-ROM. Mine still works :) Funny - I can add a $50 video card and use it to access the internet if I cared too (and get a 24bit desktop)... not many 1990 PCs or MACs can do that.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/163635

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice