52X vs 16X CD-ROm

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lax987

Is a 52X CD-Rom Drive better than a 16X in terms of preformance?

52x is 3.2 times faster than 16x, logically.

Remember the speeds are quoted as maximum, average speeds are a lot less. Data transfer is slower at the beginning of the CD (the inside track area) due to the lower linear speed of the smaller track length..

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I'm guessing that he's comparing a CD-RW to a DVD-RW drive here. If not, as you say, the answer is obvious. :D

lax987

this is a cd-rom drive for a gaming computer, the reason im asking is because the price difference is around $20, the 52X is less

Triple6

Rob
I'm guess the 16X must be a DVD drive. I haven't seen a 16X CD-ROM in many years.

There is one thing, in general, annoying about a 52X drive. It winds up like a jet getting ready for take off!!!!

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You can use Nero's Drive Speed Set tool to limit the speed of your CD if you don't like the sounds of the airport in your computer room. :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts