1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Fyzbo, Nov 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fyzbo

Fyzbo Thread Starter

I just reinstalled windows and ms outlook. I set up my email account. Now whenever I try to send a message out I get the following message:

553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

2. Fyzbo

Fyzbo Thread Starter

believe it or not I just fixed my own problem. Figures, I have to ask for help first before I come to the solution on my own.:p

3. dtugg

dtugg

I am curious.

Is it because you were not dialed into your ISP? That message comes back a lot if your mail server is not open relay and only allows messages from users on it's network....

Thanks,

4. Fyzbo

Fyzbo Thread Starter

It was because outlook was not set up to send a password when opening up the connection for outgoing mail.

5. faithchris

faithchris

Okay folks I am having a terrible time with the same error message and cannot figure out how to fix it. Please give me a step by step on this-- 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1.). I cannot seem to do anything with it since I added new addresses to my account I do not show a delagate tab like Outlook says to click on and cannot find how to have the passwords go thru. Maybe a dumb blonde moment but it has lasted for 2 days now. Thanks for your help Bobbie-

6. faithchris

faithchris

Okay I have found the answer the server I was connected to and trying to work on emails for had changed there password and forgot to tell me. After all of this and it was that simple.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/103258

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice