1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

5600XT or 5700LE?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by glazarev, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. glazarev

glazarev Thread Starter

I am looking to buy a new video card and have narrowed down my decision to two cards. nVidia GeForce 5600XT or 5700LE. 5700LE is about $5 more. So which one is a better card? Thanks in advance.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  3. Pengu

Pengu

get 5600xt its the same on i have 128mb

u can play most games at medium

at high it will slow down

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Be aware that ATI's XT cards are the top and for NVIDIA the XT's are the bottom.

5. cheese

cheese

I hate how they can make it confusing for people. Why cant they just have "Lite - Normal - Pro"

6. brite750

brite750

how about crap, passible and expensive, FX5200crap, i like it

7. cheese

cheese

:D

Worthless - Bearable - Fair - Richboys only

8. glazarev

glazarev Thread Starter

My budget about $70-80. So xt is not the top card for nvidia?

9. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    No, XT is the bottom. You're not really gonna get anything good for that amount. Are you into games? What kind?

10. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

"Save thou money lest ye be screwed" Scott 1:31:05

You really need to spend more than $70-$80, anything under a 9600 XT or a FX5700 and you are going to hate it.:(

11. glazarev

glazarev Thread Starter

Well i did have a 9800 Pro, but i fried. I bought it EOM and i guess it was just faulty. So i really only need an OK card, because i don't play much games lately and don't want to use the onboard video (ghosts too much on my LCD).
    So i went ahead and bought the 5700LE. Hopefully it will do what i need.

12. WarC

WarC

Who did you buy the old card from? Maybe you can still exchange it. What have you tried to get the old card working? You don't wanna lose that 9800 Pro, those things will still be good for another year or two!

The 5700le should do pretty well on most games available now, it just won't be as fast as the 9800 Pro. Most RTS games and most roleplaying games or action games like Diablo 2 will run fantastically, things like Half Life 2 and Doom 3 will play with low-normal settings.

If you wanna get crazy, strap a big heatsink on the graphics core. Then download the latest coolbits (which is now nvtweak 1.7), in the 5200-5900 nvidia series it can auto-detect a good overclock(although it leaves plenty of room to push further, especially if you put a new heatsink on the core). Most nvidia-based graphics cards can overclock very well, I've gotten higher RAM overclocks on nvidias than ATIs in general. the RAM overclock will be the most beneficial to FPS. You can buy heatsinks for those as well, or cut up some of the old dead card's heatsink, if you got the black heatsink that a lot of 9800's came with.

Keep gaming! :)

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324702

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice