56k retarded

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dustu

ok I have dialed up with this 56k for like 4 years now.....and I wanted to try a new 56k so I deleted the drivers and then put in this intel one....it didnt work...so what I did was delete the drivers I downloaded and then turned off the computer and reinstalled the creative modem blaster I had in before, so I did that as usual, rebooted my windows 2000 operating system and then I couldnt dial up I was like what the??? so I checked device manager and it said error code 31. so I repeated that process like 20 times............and still the same thing, in device manager it has an exclamation mark and says error code 31 and when I try to dial up it says error code 797. I dont know what the hell is up with it that is very unusual cuz I have done this tons of times, can someone please help me I have been trying for like 2 days straight.

Pull all the modems out first, turn the computer on remove all the drivers even the ones that are not visible, go into add and remove software uninstall anything that refers to ether modem, reboot computer modems still out go into device manager make sure there is no drivers left on there, then go into control panel look for any reference to a modem, if everything is modemless then shut down install the modem of your choice and start the computer back up and follow the onscreen instructions when found new hardware comes up.

Do you have a NIC card sometimes they conflict with modems, and did you try a differnt PCI slot??

dustu

yes I tried a diferent slot also ...accually it is in a diferewnt slot right now

Ok for now remove the NIC cards then install the modem if that works then replace the NIC cards one at a time.

dustu

ok well one is intergrated with my motherboard and the other I will try to remove

probley that Bill Gates need more money and he wants you to upgade your OS......lol, you might have to tweak a few thing in the OS so the new hardware manager wakes up, it's sometimes hit an miss with Windows

dustu

so ****ing annoying....well is there anyone else that can PLEASE help me!!!!!!

Triple6

Rob
Well, here's what 797 means: http://modemsite.com/56k/duns797.asp

Have you checked in control panel->add/remove programs for any modem drivers? Try downloading new drivers for the modem and see if there is any conflict in device manager. Also check that the dial-up connection is set to use the correct modem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online