5amp Plug replacement help asap

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kalimst

I have a sony vaio laptop but the plug in it has broke. The original plug was a 5amp fuse ss145/a. And was 250w 2.5v. The replacement plug I found was also 250w 2.5v and a 5amp fuse ss145/a. The plugs are exactly the same but just different branded and the top pin is metal like the other pins unlike the original charger where the top pin is just black. I just wanted to know if this is safe to plug into my laptop. I plugged it in and it works but in the long run is it safe?

Triple6

Rob
Pretty sure it's fine, the third plug is just for earthing/grounding, your old cable was double insulated and didn't require it. It was still there on the old one as plastic to open the shutter in outlets that allow the other two pins to plug in.

kalimst

I have a sony vaio laptop but the plug in it has broke. The original plug was a 5amp fuse ss145/a. And was 250w 2.5v. The replacement plug I found was also 250w 2.5v and a 5amp fuse ss145/a. The plugs are exactly the same but just different branded and the top pin is metal like the other pins unlike the original charger where the top pin is just black. I just wanted to know if this is safe to plug into my laptop. I plugged it in and it works but in the long run is it safe?
Thank you very much. Its amazing to have someone reply so quick. I have used the plug and no problems or issues since. Thank you

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online