1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

5GHz Extender with 2.4GHz Router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by dscarfogliero, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dscarfogliero

dscarfogliero Thread Starter

I have a router on one side of my house that is broadcasting 2.4GHz. I have an extender on the other side of the house that is connected to the router with 2.4GHz, but it is broadcasting 5GHz. Both the router and the extender have the same SSID and password. Is this a suitable setup if I want to roam the house on the same network?

Thanks for the help!

2. dscarfogliero

dscarfogliero Thread Starter

I actually just disabled 5GHz completly around the house and both the router and the extender are on 2.4 and have the same SSID and password. Is there anything else I need to do to make roaming the house a smooth process?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083043