6 Computer BIOS after new GPU installation

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SatansDog

I recently bought a new working GPU [ASUS 1050ti] and tried installing it in my HP xw6600 workstation but all it does it beep 6 times in a loop and does not load up anything. The old GPU still works and if I use it alongside the new GPU the computer boots up but doesn't recognize the new GPU. The new GPU's fan and everything is working fine. I updated my BIOS, reseated the GPU multiple times, tried using different PCI slots, reset CMOS and battery. Nothing helped.

I bought a new PC with that GPU that I want to install in my old PC, the new PC is HP z400 workstation, and after I removed the GPU from it, it does not work in that system either. Same 6 beeps, I tried the same things I did above with it and it doesn't work.

I used the GPU on another system and it seems to work fine there so nothing is wrong with the GPU, and it was working with the z400 and now its not for some reason, other GPUs do.

With many HP setups, six beeps at POST indicates a video issue. Either the graphics device is not present or it is malfunctioning.

crjdriver

Both of those systems are quite old. In order to run a 10xx series card, you need a uefi bios. Do either of those system have a uefi bios OR do they have a legacy bios? They are so old that I could not find much online.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online