Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

6 replacement AOC monitors SIX

660 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  tony oh 
#1 ·
Sorry this is more of a rant.... no I stopped myself ... and I understand if someone deletes this post as it probably doesn't belong here.

Has anyone ever used an AOC monitor?

I have a little 17" monitor 1280 x 1024 res.... rather I have a 5th AOC monitor.

#1 Blue lit pixel .. it was the first LCD monitor I had and was disappointed to find a constant lit pixel - sent it back.

#2 Green lit pixel .. No how could they do this again - tried for ages to get AOC to change this as apparently up to 6 pixels can be lit without them being obliged to change the monitor... so I err .. ahem lied and said there were 7 - changed it. 7 acceptable to them but not to me - ridiculous Seven. I would not have bought it if there could be so many lit pixels and that still falls in their acceptable range.

#3 monitor flashed on and off - even when not attached to the pc and just plugged into the wall.

#4 monitor had one lit pixel a blueish white but it also had a logo burned into it - screen burn.

#5 300 lit pixels... well its a lit line of blue pixels running from a lit green pixel a 3rd of the way from the bottom of the screen to the bottom. A third of the screen coming down 1024/3 .. so THREE HUNDRED LIT PIXELS.

#6 waiting for the delivery guy - coming soon .. Thursday?

Anyone have any experience with this or know what I can do?

Cheers.

On a side note this year I had to replace my DVD player 4 times, this is the 3rd television I have and it still changes channels on it's own but is still better than the other 2 and lets not forget the graphics card that everyone here was so helpful in helping me sort out.

I propose a motion of fact that the god of electronics hate me ... oh I forgot several sets of headphones and ...a .... sofa.

I was going to order the parts for a first PC build on Tuesday next week, after the price drops, but I may hold of.... lol.

See less See more
#2 ·
It's common for a few pixels to be defective on an LCD monitor, and almost any manufacturer will have a specification of the number considered "acceptable".

IMO, you should have kept one with a single bad pixel, that's not that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.