1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

6 replacement AOC monitors SIX

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tony oh, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tony oh

tony oh Thread Starter

Sorry this is more of a rant.... no I stopped myself ... and I understand if someone deletes this post as it probably doesn't belong here.

Has anyone ever used an AOC monitor?

I have a little 17" monitor 1280 x 1024 res.... rather I have a 5th AOC monitor.

#1 Blue lit pixel .. it was the first LCD monitor I had and was disappointed to find a constant lit pixel - sent it back.

#2 Green lit pixel .. No how could they do this again - tried for ages to get AOC to change this as apparently up to 6 pixels can be lit without them being obliged to change the monitor... so I err .. ahem lied and said there were 7 - changed it. 7 acceptable to them but not to me - ridiculous Seven. I would not have bought it if there could be so many lit pixels and that still falls in their acceptable range.

#3 monitor flashed on and off - even when not attached to the pc and just plugged into the wall.

#4 monitor had one lit pixel a blueish white but it also had a logo burned into it - screen burn.

#5 300 lit pixels... well its a lit line of blue pixels running from a lit green pixel a 3rd of the way from the bottom of the screen to the bottom. A third of the screen coming down 1024/3 .. so THREE HUNDRED LIT PIXELS.

#6 waiting for the delivery guy - coming soon .. Thursday?

Anyone have any experience with this or know what I can do?

Cheers.

On a side note this year I had to replace my DVD player 4 times, this is the 3rd television I have and it still changes channels on it's own but is still better than the other 2 and lets not forget the graphics card that everyone here was so helpful in helping me sort out.

I propose a motion of fact that the god of electronics hate me ... oh I forgot several sets of headphones and ...a .... sofa.

I was going to order the parts for a first PC build on Tuesday next week, after the price drops, but I may hold of.... lol.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

It's common for a few pixels to be defective on an LCD monitor, and almost any manufacturer will have a specification of the number considered "acceptable".

IMO, you should have kept one with a single bad pixel, that's not that bad.

3. tony oh

tony oh Thread Starter

Awww .. but ppl won't accept it on a television so why a monitor.

Yeah .. the one with only 1 lit blue pixel is looking kind of good now :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/596871

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice