1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

6-way split screen on booting

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by G3nox, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G3nox

G3nox Thread Starter

Hello.
    I have this problem on my laptop that started a week ago while playing a game.The screen froze and i had to manually restart.After rr the 6-way monitor error showed up at boot screen and before entering windows the screen went dark and stay that way.In safe mode the laptop was able to boot into windows but still with the split screen.
    http://img411.imageshack.us/i/photo0188n.jpg/

At first i tought it was an overheating problem so i disassembled and cleaned the dust from the cooling sistem.Then i tried a bios update.Then i uninstalled my graphic drivers installed different versions, reinstalled windows,changed from windows 7 to Vista and back, dissasembled it again and checked for loose cables with no results.
    Yesterday i turn it on and the screen was back to normal and i could browse internet or play music.I tryed a movie and after 2 mins the screen froze , i rr and the 6 way split screen was back.I'm tired and out of ideeas.Sorry for the text wall and possibles english mistakes.Any opinios on my problem?
    My specs are:
    MEDION AKOYA md 96640
    Original Windows Vista®Home Premium
    inkl. Service Pack 1 , Windows 7(same screen error)
    Intel Core 2 Duo processor T5550 1.83 GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, FSB 667 MHz
    320 GB hard disk
    3 GB memory
    NVideo GeForce 9300M G with 128 GDDR3 memory
    15.4" TFT WXGA Widescreen display 1280 x 800 pixels

tnx

2. K7M

K7M

Most likely it's the nvidia chip for your video. There have been lots of problems with that chip. Hp had lots of problems and so did other manufacturers.

3. G3nox

G3nox Thread Starter

tnx for reply. i am confused tough because after afew weeks of split screen and crashes, today everything went back to normal, one screen was running for hours with absolutly no problem at all, as it was the day i bought it.And this, without me doing anything else than hopelessly turning it on and off a few times to see if the problem persists.:eek:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977129

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice