1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

$600-700 computer for 2013

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zantaff, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zantaff

zantaff Thread Starter

I'm building my first computer from scratch and have been looking at the myriad of options for a few days now.
    I do have a budget, but was also looking to make a computer could last a few years - finish me thru college and beyond.
    I'm looking to build a machine for $600-$700 so that leaves about $250 for CPU, $150 for mobo, $250 for everything else.
    This PC will mainly be used for gaming, CAD & Adobe software.

What I'm currently thinking of buying:
    i5 3570K
    ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
    Radeon HD 7770 -or- GeForce GTX 650 Ti

I've heard GREAT reviews about the i5-3570K but was wondering if it would be worth the extra ca$h to upgrade to an i7 with a slightly higher price range, such as the i7 3820, 2600k, or 2700K.

CPU+Mobo combinations would help too.
    I'd like to get a good combo, without being extreme, for I know that the CPU & mobo are the hardest parts to "upgrade" when RAM and GPU's are much simpler.

My main question: "Will the price difference extend the computer's usable life a few years, or just a few months?"

2. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

How much CAD?

If you are going to be using CAD heavily, you probably would want to step up to a professional GPU.

3. zantaff

zantaff Thread Starter

I'm currently studying architecture, so to get more specific, I will be (an am) using it for: 3DS Max, almost all the Adobe products & BIM software such as Auto CAD, & Revit.

4. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Then I would say look at a Firepro or Quattro card instead of the desktop cards.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083170

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice