Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

602 lan suit

2K views 16 replies 2 participants last post by  will182 
#1 ·
i have donwloaded the 602 lan suite now it says its free up to 5 users so getting the internet connection on my other computer withought a router with this is free is it? could someone help me on this, also i have tried using this 602 lan suite and i cant get onto the internet on my old computer connected to the computer with the internet via lan

#2 ·
It does work, but it is not a simple task to set it up. I would certainly not recommend trying unless you have a reasonable knowledge of networks and connection sharing.
There are easier ways.
What is it you are actually trying to achieve? Explain your set-up (ie what computers are connected to what, and what versions of windows on each). We will then be able to advise you on the best way to proceed.

#3 ·
ok well for starters both computers are on windows xp one on home and one on pro they are connected via a crossover cable linked into the lan cards now file sharing work ok and i was told that i could get the internet on my other computer using this lan suit 602 and by using this i would be able to use my existing setup and there would be no need for a router

#5 ·
what do u mean net meeting

#6 ·
i cant find network help

#7 ·
Right click on Network Neighbourhood (or Connections) on the Desktop (I can't remember the exact name off the top of my head). Select Properties. When window opens select Help and do a search for ICS. Browse down the list and read the suggestions.

Netmeeting is a different thing.

#8 ·
i cant find any suggestions hmm if i linked the crossover cable to a dial up modem would i be able to dial into the main computer with the internet and get the internet on both computers or if not could you help configure this 602 lan suit thing

#10 ·
okies

#11 ·
i dont have a router for this and it seems to me that i need a router for this or somthing i just dont get it

#12 ·
No you don't.
I quote:
The ICS server computer must have two network connections: one for the Internet, and one for the local area network. The Internet connection may be a dial-up (PPP or ISDN), cable modem, DSL, or other broadband Ethernet connection. The LAN connection may be a wired, wireless, or even a USB Ethernet connection. Before enabling ICS:
You will have two connections on the machine you intend to use as a server.
1) Is the dial-up modem
2) Is the network card you have connected the two machines together with.

You don't need to worry about routers and thing like that as you have already set up the local network using the two network cards and a crossover cable. The bit you are interested in is the Internet connection sharing. That is sharing the dial up with the other machine. Run the ICS wizard on the machine with the modem.

#13 ·
lets see i dont have dial up i have a usb adsl modem for 1mb braodband and i have a lan card in each comuter and there connected via a crossover cable and i am on aol do you mean i have to put a dial up modem in my old pc (the one with no internet)

#15 ·
what it dont say dial up anywere

#16 ·
anyway i am stuck what do i do now

#17 ·
i have ru the network setup wizard againa nd for my old computer i put this connects to the internet throught an other compter and on my new computer i put that toher computers connect to the internet thorugh this one and its made a network drive in my computer on my new computer and in connections on my old computer it has made local area connection on new computer witch is enable and it shows a diagram in status thats says avticity internet then internet gateway then my computer so does this mean its connected becouse when i go onto internet explorer on my old computer it will not find any websites

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.