1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

64 bit or 32 bit

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by challapradyumna, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. challapradyumna

challapradyumna Thread Starter

does 64 bit os give more performance than 32 bit

My specs:-
    2gb ram
    dual core e5300
    nvidia geforce 8400gs
    asrock g31 motherboard

2. rkarolak

rkarolak

It will not make much of a difference in performance, unless you have more than 4gb of RAM; you have 2gb. While Leo isn't a fan of 64-bit, I find that 64bit Windows 7 performs very well and I have had no driver issues on my two PCs that I've installed it on. If you are buying a new copy of Windows 7 I'd get a 64-bit copy, as you shouldn't have any problems and it is where the market is moving. It will also allow you to install more than 4gb of RAM if later desired. If you already have 32-bit Windows 7 I'd stick with that. Not worth the upgrade, unless you want to upgrade the RAM past 4gb.

Upgrading your hardware will do the most for you as far as improving performance. For the easiest performance boost I'd first recommend upgrading from 2gb of RAM to 4gb. Upgrading the hard drive to a faster one or a SSD could also make a big difference, although that could be costly and time consuming. A newer processor could also help, but I'd start with the RAM. For gaming a new video card will make a big difference as well. There are a lot of good video cards for ~$200 and less.

3. mel8again

mel8again

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971334

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice