64-bit ready PC?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Distillers

Ok so heres the deal, im not selling my PC yet i just wanted to know how much YOU would pay for my amazing PC and if ME and YOU are on the same level. Everything apart from the RAM and case is under a year old. (Im not trying to sell my PC here, just wondering what people in the know think.)

Heres the specs

Processor

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2200 MHz - (current : 2210.81 MHz)
Support : Socket 754
Codename: NewCastle

Motherboard

ASUS K8N nVidia nForce3 250

RAM

1Gb of Kingston RAM

Kingston 512Mb DDR-SDRAM PC3200 (200 MHz) - [DDR-400]
Kingston 256Mb DDR-SDRAM PC3200 (200 MHz) - [DDR-400] x 2

Video Card

PowerColor Radeon 9600Pro AGP 256MB (400MHz)

Hard Disk

Maxtor 160Gb ATA

Model : Maxtor 6B160P0

(I have two of them but want to keep one)

Sound Card

Creative Labs SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio

Plus MSI CD-RW and MSI DVD player (I want to keep my DVD-RW)

PS: If you can find a PC close to want mean is like let me know so i can check the price, thanks!
PSS: A copy of my windows XP would come with it to.

i took your parts you listed and got the prices off pricewatch.com for each part by the parts you got about 850 in the pc on current prices so id sell it for 950-1000.

You would never get even parts value from anybody that "knows" computers. That is the sorry truth. :(

The problem with the machine is "socket 754". It is one socket behind the times, and soon to be 2 sockets behind.

It is a good solid machine with upgrade ability but it is still outdated. I am not knocking your machine, I am in the same boat in a way. I have a 939, but it is sitting in an AGP board.

Distillers

Thats $ right? cuz im working in £ :p. Scottish.

Thats about £400 your saying but its second hand so that would make a difference right?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Truthfully, used machines are pretty hard to sell. Since you can shop the bargain sites and pick up really good deals on new machines, it's tough to get top dollar for used ones.

Distillers

Skivvywaver said:
You would never get even parts value from anybody that "knows" computers. That is the sorry truth. :(

The problem with the machine is "socket 754". It is one socket behind the times, and soon to be 2 sockets behind.

It is a good solid machine with upgrade ability but it is still outdated. I am not knocking your machine, I am in the same boat in a way. I have a 939, but it is sitting in an AGP board.
Yeah, you have a point there. Its a fine PC i think. Runs any new game well enough.

JohnWill said:
Truthfully, used machines are pretty hard to sell. Since you can shop the bargain sites and pick up really good deals on new machines, it's tough to get top dollar for used ones.
No harm in trying.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online