1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

6800 ultra

Discussion in 'Games' started by gawpington, Sep 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gawpington

gawpington Thread Starter

hi,
    this is sort of a gaming question so here goes. is a 300w power supply enough to run this card plus two hard drives dvd-rw, cd-rw , foppy disk and fans etc or should i throw in a more powerful one.i'm not having any problems but then again i've only just put the card in.thanks in advance
    gawpington

2. Scorpion

Scorpion

No. I'd get at least a 450 supply for that lot. Then you can still add more, like usb stuff, with no probs.

Scorp.

3. gawpington

thanks for the reply scorpion. yeah, you just confirmed what i thought, worth it though to run that juicy card.

4. in3rt!a

in3rt!a

the 6800Ultra eats power like crazy. you should splurge for a 7800, which was optimized to use less energy, and therefor produce less heat. and its considerably more powerful. best of both worlds :)

5. DarkLite

DarkLite

The 6800U sucks power like an essex blonde.

You'll need at LEAST a 450W PSU.

6. gawpington

thanks for the replies guys, so its a new psu then, mind you the essex blond seems like a good alternative

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/398897

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice