1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

6800GT problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SiKPupE, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SiKPupE

SiKPupE Thread Starter

Hi. Just replaced my Ati 1600 pro with an Albatron 6800GT. Running AMD AthalonXP 2800+, 2GB RAM. I removed Ati drivers then installed latest nVidia drivers (169.21). it ran Quake 3 fine but I get a physical memory dump when I play other games e.g. Quake 4. GTR2 just freezes. NFS Carbon does the same. Wiped system and done a complete reinstall. Again loaded latest drivers. Same problems. Checked card was installed properly. Tried an earlier version of driver (81.85) and I still get the same problems. Any suggestions? And what is a memory dump? Thanks Mike.E

BSOD says

IRQL_not_less_or_equal
    check to see if hardware is installed properly......bla bla

Tech info
    STOP 0x0000000a (0x00000200, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x804F0001)

Beginning dump of physical memory

What the hell does all this mean. I've never had a BSOD since Win98 Se. Cheers. Trying another reinstall.

2. JSanguancheu

JSanguancheu

What's the recommended power supply wattage for the video card and what are the specs of your current PSU?

3. Mayor Quimby

Mayor Quimby

as mention above, make sure you have the recommended power supply wattage or higher.

Also, by looking at your system spec, i am guessing your on AGP slot. Just curious, how fast is your AGP slot?

4. SiKPupE

SiKPupE Thread Starter

Hi. I've got a 430 watt Thermaltake Psu and I'm running AGP 8X. Just done a clean install ( 2 in 24 hours) and still get the same problem. CHeers

5. Mayor Quimby

Mayor Quimby

For AGP cards, there is a setting in bios which allows up to adjust how much memory is gonna be shared with your DDR memory.

Its called something like "AGP Apen????? Size" cant member the exact name.

If you find it, try to decrease or increase the size.

IF you still get it, I would just return that card and get a new one. Its common to get a defective video card.

Video cards I have bought

*ATi Brand Radeon 9800 pro (the first 2 i got were defective, the 3rd one worked)
    *EVGA geforce 6800 gt (the 1st one was defective, the 2nd one worked)
    *Visiontek Radeon HD 2600 Pro (1st one actually worked)
    *EVGA geforce 9600 gt (1st one actually worked)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704702

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice