1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

6gb file gone

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Sueyyy, Nov 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sueyyy

Sueyyy Thread Starter

Hello.

Big problem here, I cloned my hard to an external one and then tried to open Google drive folder on it and it didn't work. Then I put in the external hard and accessed the folder, found my files and then made the huge mistake of cut paste it into the public folder (of my actual hard). So far so good, I take out the external, put mine back and Bam. My folder that contained 6gb worth of data is not there and nowhere to be found. I exchange them again but as I cut it the folder is now empty. These are some very important files and I just can't find them anywhere. It's like it never existed. I tried to restore but no restore point in windows or the original folder. Is there any hope that I can recover them or 5 years worth of writing and poetry is forever gone? (The reason I had to do this is because apparently Google drive decided to not sync it anymore or I don't know but the majority of files were not saved on cloud)

2. OtherOnesWereInUse

OtherOnesWereInUse

You might wanna click on that folder, press properties and then go to "previous versions" tab.
    If that didn't help, you might need to use data recovery programs. There are many of them you just need to find the one that suits you.
    Every second that you use your computer, the system overwrites data on that disk.
    If possible, pull your disk out and use it on another computer to use data restore program from another system.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1200018

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice