1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

7 & 8 Dual boot

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by pcatrocity, Dec 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcatrocity

pcatrocity Thread Starter

2.8 MHz G840 - 4 GB DDR3 - 500 GB SATA hdd 7 + 8 upgrade disk

Can I partition my hdd 100 GB, 100 GB, Balance

Install a copy of 7 on both 100 GB partitions with the same cd key

Then upgrade one of them to 8 ?

Or would that cause problems as far as activation ?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    It certainly causes problems with this forum's rules. If you find a way to use an Upgrade (discounted price) version in a way for which it is not intended instead of paying the going price for a "full" version you are violating the license. Closing.

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Cleaning this up a little ...

I worded that badly. I did not intend to sound like you had violated forum rules, just that what you are asking about would violate the license, hence would be against forum rules, and so I closed to make sure that neither you nor anyone else ventured into violation territory.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082182

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice