1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

7 beta and XP pro

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by padutch, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. padutch

padutch Thread Starter

just downloaded 7 beta. have a couple questions. first is will it fit on a cd or do I need a dvd to put it on? Second is I have 2 HDs, both have XP pro on them. C and F. If I make a partition on F for my 7 will this change my boot.ini other then to add 7? I am used to the boot.ini in XP pro and hope it doesn't change.

2. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

First part, you need a DVD, its over 2 gigs.

Second part I'm not sure. I haven't done it but it should ask you where you want to put 7 and if you want dual or triple boot with the other OS installations and take it from there. 7 may want to put the bootloader on its partition though so that's something to consider for the future. I use EasyBCD so I'm not as familiar directly with boot.ini and would defer to anyone else with more specifics.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/852003

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice