1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

7-inch Android Tablets that take SIM cards?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Alex Ethridge, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Thread Starter

I've done some reading and it gets confusing and there is a lot out there to sort through so I'll ask this question here. I love my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0; but, when I can't get WiFi, it's useless.

Does anyone know of a 7-inch (+/-) Android tablet that takes a GSM SIM card that is also priced in the $200 to $300 range?

2. ajkane

ajkane

I think you have this in the wrong section, but sim cards don't work that way, you can just put them in a tablet and BAM! they get service, even if they are a 3G enabled device. You need to get a separate plan for a 3g enabled tablet. Also you could broadcast wifi with your phone if you have an iPhone or and Android device. That's my suggestion.

3. Alex Ethridge

I don't think you understand the question. I want to find Android tablets that take GSM SIM cards for data (internet) service.

4. ajkane

ajkane

No, OlI understand. 3g tablets come with sim cards. You have to activate that sim card for that device. Or activate annother sim card foe that device both things cost $$$

5. Alex Ethridge

I appreciate your interest; but, no, you do not understand what I am asking. That is evidenced by the fact you are offering information the question does not ask for. If you understood the question, you would be offering suggestions on which brands and models of seven-inch Android tablets use GSM SIM cards.

6. Rearden

Rearden Banned

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!