7 online blunders

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lotuseclat79

ConsumerReports.org article: 7 online blunders.

These common mistakes can ruin your computer or invite identity theft

1 - Assuming your security software is protecting you

2 - Accessing an account through an e-mail link

3 - Using a single password for all online accounts

4 - Downloading free software

5 - Thinking your Mac shields you from all risks

6 - Clicking on a pop-up ad that says your PC is insecure

7 - Shopping online the same way you do in stores

Read the article for details.

-- Tom

Something I would add:

Security software is never 100% effective even when activated and updated. The most common misconception I run into in my work about security software is that it is a cure-all for internet threats. It is only an aid. It’s sort of like a bumper on a car; its ability to prevent damage is limited. The rest is left to the user.

5 - Thinking your Mac shields you from all risks

I know a handful of people who need to read this (namely ever Mac user i have met at school)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts